The QPTV Lottery is a first-come, first-served biennial (every other year) drawing to determine the series schedule on QPTV’s channels. An online form is completed by producers during an application reception period. After that time, applicants are processed, and series timeslots are randomly drawn for each applicant. Only one series is allowed per applicant.
A Series at QPTV is a show that is ongoing every week or every month. These shows can be either half-hour or an hour long (maximum 28:30 for half-hour, and 58:30 for an hour.) Series timeslots are selected through QPTV’s biennial Lottery.
There are two types of Series available:
Weekly Series are scheduled for cablecast twice a week. Two timeslots are generally provided. One of the slots is a “repeat” slot.
Monthly Series are scheduled for cablecast twice a month. Two timeslots are generally provided. One of the slots is a “repeat” slot. During the Lottery application process, a producer can suggest what week of the month the show should be cablecast.
QPTV maintains a Series Waiting List in between our biennial Lottery drawings. Filling out a Waiting List application gives you the opportunity to place your show into the schedule during the current programming cycle. Placement on the Waiting List does not guarantee a timeslot will be given.
A Live Cablecast is a monthly show available only to QPTV Certified Access Producers with Studio certification. Unlike pre-recorded series programs, Live Cablecasts are produced in QPTV’s Studios at the time of cablecast. Viewers may have the option of calling into the studio to have a live discussion on-air. Live Cablecast timeslots are selected during QPTV’s Lottery process. All requests are subject to approval.
The Lottery Cablecast Application Form will be available on:
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 @ 10:00AM via web at www.qptv.org and at our Programming / Trafficking Department on the 1st floor at our Walk Up-Store Front located at 41-65 Kissena Blvd. The Application can be completed beginning SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
The Lottery Registration is a two-step process:
1. Completing an electronic Lottery Cablecast Application Form via web at www.qptv.org or at our Programming / Trafficking Department on the 1st floor.
2. Submission of all appropriate proofs of residency, two current utility bills and photo identification must accompany the Lottery Cablecast Application Form in order for the application to be processed. Please review Important Notice below for acceptable proofs. (Included in this package you will find your Pre-Qualification letter stating your status of Proof Of Residency)
• The lottery drawing will be based on the order in which we receive your original Lottery Cablecast Application Form. (first-come, first served basis).
• No User (Producer, Provider or Sponsor) can obtain more than one series.
• Incomplete or incorrect Lottery Cablecast Application Forms will not be accepted or processed; In order for QPTV to correct any incomplete Lottery Cablecast Application Forms we strongly suggest that you have a contact telephone number on file.
The Lottery is open to all Users (Producers, Providers and Sponsors) 18 years of age or older with a legal bona-fide residency. Participation in the QPTV Lottery does not necessarily guarantee that a definite timeslot will be allocated to you. There are a limited number of timeslots available, the sooner your Lottery Cablecast Application Form is received the better. If you do not receive a timeslot your Lottery Cablecast Application Form will be placed on the QPTV Waiting List based on the order of receipt for possible future placement on QPTV programming scheduling cycle.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the New York State Public Service Commission, Queens Public Television is required to maintain accurate records of all Channel Users, including QPTV Producers, Providers, Sponsors and Not-for-Profit Organizations. Therefore, all Channel Users must verify that they are a legal bona-fide resident or not-for-profit organization with a legal bona-fide street address (no P.O. boxes).
The following combinations of proof(s) are acceptable:
1. A Driver's license and two current utility bills, preferably a phone bill (within the last six months.)
2. A Photo I.D. (a.k.a. "non driver's license") and two current utility bills, preferably a phone bill (within the last six months.)
3. A United States or foreign issued Passport and two current utility bills, preferably a phone bill (within the last six months.)
4. A City, State, Federal or Employee Photo ID and two current utility bills, preferably a phone bill (within the last six months.)
5. Current College or High School ID with two proofs of address (must be 18 years of age or older).
6. Copy of 501(c) 3, a Photo ID and a letter from the organization stating your status (Not-For-Profit organizations only.)
Instructions for the Day of Lottery Registration
• Included in this package you will find your Pre-Qualification letter stating your Proof of Residency status, which has a term of two years.
• Read the entire Lottery Guidelines section before registering.
• Read the important notice section below.
• LOTTERY CABLECAST APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE COMPLETED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 via web at www.qptv.org and at our Programming / Trafficking Department on the 1st floor.
• On SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 you can complete a Lottery Cablecast Application Form at our first floor facility in the QPTV training area located inside the lobby of Flushing Plaza.
• On SEPTEMBER 10, 2019 Lottery Cablecast Application Forms can be completed at our Walk Up-Store Front located at 41-65 Kissena Blvd.
• The Programming Department will begin the process of notifying applicants of their timeslots via telephone beginning SEPTEMBER 23, 2019. NO LOTTERY RESULTS WILL BE AVAILABLE PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 23, 2019.
• After you have been notified by QPTV of your timeslots you may begin submitting files. We will not accept files prior to QPTV notifying you of your timeslots. Submission of files for the JANUARY 2020 Cablecast Cycle begins on DECEMBER 10, 2019 - JANUARY 31, 2020.
• DO NOT FORGET TO SUBMIT FOUR (4) PROGRAMS FOR A WEEKLY SERIES AND TWO (2) PROGRAMS FOR A MONTHLY SERIES.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. PROOF OF RESIDENCY
a. Included in this package you will find your Pre-Qualification letter stating your Proof of Residency status, which has a term of two years.
2. You can register at:
• Click on LOTTERY REGISTRATION located on the home page.
b. QPTV's 1st Floor Training Area on September 9, 2019
• Located inside the lobby of Flushing Plaza.
• Located in the Walk Up-Store Front at 41-65 Kissena Blvd.
c. QPTV's 1st Floor Programming / Trafficking Department on September 10, 2019
3. SUBMISSION OF FILES
a. After you have been notified by QPTV of your timeslots you may begin submitting files. We will not accept files prior to QPTV notifying you of your timeslots. Submission of files for the JANUARY 2020 Cablecast Cycle begins on DECEMBER 10, 2019 - JANUARY 31, 2020
b. Label all files properly and use the naming convention provided on the technical standards.
Contact the QPTV Programming Department with any questions you may have about the Lottery process and/or on the Lottery Cablecast Application Form at 718-886-8160 at extension 357