Queens Stories - Giving The Gift of Life: Anthony Vega
Giraldo Vega the father of Anthony Vega reminisced about his son, who died in 2009 when he was 11 years old after dealing with years of surgery to treat hydrocephalus, a condition where there is excess fluid in the brain that puts pressure on it.
After Anthony’s passing, Giraldo learned of other families whose family members were suffering as they awaited an organ transplant. Despite their grief Anthony’s family decided to donate his organs and that decision not only saved one person’s life but three.
• Executive Producer: Daniel J. Leone
• Producer/Director: Luchia Dragosh
• Editor: Luchia Dragosh
• Camera: John Collins, John Collins Jr.
• Color Grading: Christo Bakalov
• Production Assistant: Christina Gary