QPTV Wins Overall Excellence in Public Access for Third Consecutive Year from the 2017 ACM National Hometown Competition
This is QPTV’s third consecutive year winning Overall Excellence in Public Access from the Aliance for Community Media (ACM) National Hometown competition, for a total of four wins in the past five years! Having previously won in 2013, 2015, and 2016, QPTV is thrilled to receive this top honor again in 2017.
Overall Excellence in Public Access entries are submitted to the ACM by various access organizations, cable companies, educational institutions, local government, or other institutions that provide Public, Educational, or Governmental (P.E.G.) Access services throughout the United States.
As an access center, QPTV submitted a compilation of programs that reflect the diversity in the borough of Queens. The video clips that corresponded to the Overall Excellence reel illustrated how QPTV Programming addressed our diverse community’s needs.
QPTV will receive the award at the ACM annual conference, this year taking place in Minneapolis, MN.
The Overall Excellence reel illustrates how QPTV programming addresses our community’s needs. The reel includes:
• The Stem Girls – The Tech Crew
• Power Women of Queens Episode 5 Dana Horn
• Culture Express Steinway & Sons Piano Factory Part 2
• Black History Month PSA
• Election 2016 - Live Election Night Coverage
• NYC Jr. Ambassadors PSA
• Power Youth of Queens Noran Omar
• LGBT Network PSA
• Around Queens Brag Party
• Queens Perspectives: Animal Cruelty Prosecutions Unit with Chief Nicoletta J. Caferri
• Culture Express LIC Arts Open
• Women’s History Moment PSA
• Kids Perspective: Creative Communication with Cops and Kids
• Queens Perspectives: Office of Immigrant Affairs with Director Carmencita N. Gutierrez
• A Clip in Time: Aunt Alice 101 and Counting A Cobbler’s Wife: Our Story
• Power Women of Queens Episode 3 Sister Margaret McCabe
|ACM Hometown OE 2017 Win.pdf||1.18 MB|